Monday, December 19, 2011

Don't Forget Your Tripod

When I first started shooting serious photography, I did not subscribe to carrying a tripod everywhere.  I have outgrown my aversion to carrying that bulky piece of equipment around, because it is a valuable tool to taking spectacular photographs.  I did learn how to improvise a lot during this period and I did capture some amazing photographs.


I captured the photograph above by using a fence post in a dark barn.  The couple that is watching their son prepare their cattle for show did not see me taking the photograph and were amazed when I showed them the photograph.  I gave them a copy of the photograph, which they had printed and framed for their home.  The heifer won grand champion the next morning!

I really recommend a tripod.  However, you can use a table, post, counter and nearly any other solid object to steady your camera.  I was very lucky to have such a crystal clear shot on this frame.  Sometimes you get just one shot.  I have to many early shots ruined due to not having a tripod.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment